Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9- Ride #20 bareback

Big snowstorm and cold snap right after my last entries!
I did get Sherlock out Saturday Jan 25th and tried my OLD Western saddle on him- too wide and it set too heavy on his withers so after just a minute riding in it in the round pen I took it off and got back on bareback. Sherlock was a bit confused at first but steered great on weight and light leg and his whoa was super good. I think since it was new to him he was really paying close attention.

Nothing else happening. Very icy from paddock to barn so just grooming and feeding in the paddock. Saturday Feb 8th I was planning to get him out and at least lunge in the indoor arena or do ground work. But I cut my right hand in the morning so not the best day to deal with a very fresh horse!

Cold enough to share the heated bed- Ezio & Dante

Ezio the kitten was going out into the cat run for the first time in 2 weeks due to the cold. I moved to adjust the window and he came flying back in and landed on my right hand, cutting me before I could get away. He has been really sorry all weekend, very snuggly and visible all day instead of off sleeping under a blanket. No sutures, just big Band-aids, but I'm cut right in the webby area between thumb and fingers. I can't open jars or the front doorknob.

Wish me well, hopefully I'll find some riding time this week before I start my temp work at the True on the 18th!

Sherlock and Tooie

No comments:

Post a Comment