Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4- Daren

June 4- Daren

I'm so nervous I don't want to go to work. I have talked to Daren's owner and we have a verbal agreement for Daren to come home to Colorado. I've been reading his race record and it's full of suggestions that he was having vision troubles- slow breaks, stopping when boxed in or bumped. 20/20 hindsight, anyone? Still, such willingness to work impresses me a lot.

I have a good bid on shipping from Nationwide, who has a good reputation locally, they are based in Colorado Springs. Now I am waiting for the paperwork, then I can book the shipping. Their pickup date is June 14th. 

Daren
I have bought a new grooming box and a few brushes to replace what went home with Sirah. I had just a face brush, hoof pick and a metal shedding blade left. You would not believe how many 4-1/2" bits I own now, I'd forgotten how hard it was to find something she'd take. I sent Sirah's Western bridle and Myler bit with her and I still have 5 bits for her. And two 5" bits that fit Lissa. I hope one of Lissa's will fit Daren, it's a very good expensive Aurigan eggbutt snaffle. I forgot to ask her what bit he wears- next time.

Double C Ranch, Darcy teaching


Now I need an OTTB saddle pad and a t-shirt and a bumper sticker... And Daren's win photo from Pimlico... And some ice cream to celebrate!
 
And I need to re-read A Year at the Races by Jane Smiley- one of her horses lost sight in one eye and was retired. I just read it on our trip to NC last month but it feels like ages ago now. It's probably not even back in the bookcase yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment