Friday, September 13, 2013

Sept 13- flooded

Wow! What a couple of days it has been. We have had an absurd amount of rain and are now in a federal disaster area.

 Lucky I got Sherlock moved to the closer stable, it was very hard for Jo to feed her horses today and she was driving home on a closed highway without knowing it. Yikes! I am so thankful Sherlock is close to me, on the same side of the river, where I cans till check on him and feed him his grain every day. The whole town is sliced in half by the St. Vrain River and the center of town is absolutely impassible right now- all the roads and bridges are closed.

Sherlock is not as muddy as one might expect- the corral ground is very soupy today and not good for rolling in, I hope. The horses are not doing much but standing around eating and hiding in the shelter.  We have had some sun today so I hope they get dry today and get a break.

I could not get to my usual feed store due to flooding- but was able to get the right feed from the Murdoch's close to us. I took the fly sheet and mask home for washing as he needs every chance to get dry while there is sun. We are expecting more rain over the weekend but hopefully not as extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment